FREE VERSE FRIDAY #10 October: Shadow

I'm joining Beverly A Baird, Linda Schueler and others in a "year long poetry practice – on the first Friday of each Month," when they, and anyone else who joins, will be writing a poem based on the theme of the month and a photo taken relating to that theme.

You can find out more about this here.

This month has been busy. I usually write a poem and send it off to my two favourite photographers to come up with an image to accompany it. I didn't have anything to send to them and begged for help. My partner, Randy Rotheisler, sent me this. If Ron Peace sends me something, I'll write a poem for him too. 


Cathedral by Randy Rotheisler

Here is my response:

shadows
articulate,
refine 
lines,
transform 
what's ordinary
into the divine

In case you are interested, the above photograph can be purchased from the photographer. Let me know if you want their contact information.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I am wondering about your process here. Did you write a longer piece and whittle it down, or did the poem come to you already short like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was always short and I had the idea of what I wanted to say. The hard part was/is getting the right words and phrasing. I think it might be harder to do a short poem since each word matters so much.

    ReplyDelete