Narwhalicorn and Jelly (Narwhal and Jelly #7) by Ben Clanton


Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this picture book. It was released October 4th 2022, by Tundra Books.

I've kind of fallen behind in my reading of Ben Clanton's Narwhal and Jelly books. How the heck did we get to #7 already? If you've been hiding under a log or something and don't know about the Narwhal & Jelly books, I'm sad to hear it.
These two best friends have all kinds of wacky adventures, make new friends, teach readers a few related facts, and make you laugh. They are full of hilarious puns and rhymes. Jelly is the straight man to Narwhal's often ludicrous antics. 

In this volume, Narwhal wishes on a star and ends up with legs. 


Then they end up on a Unicorn planet where they meet all kinds of animals spouting a horn. Soon a party erupts. 

Poor Jelly, trapped in a fishbowl, tired and cranky, wishes to go home, and presto, he's back at home in his ocean.


Soon Narwhal realizes he wasn't a good friend and didn't listen to what Narwhal wanted. 


The two mend fences and continue to have extraordinary everyday adventures.

I can't wait till I get to read this with my five year old unicorn obsessed granddaughter. She was already a beginning reader when I last visited with her. I'm willing to bet she can read this on her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment