2018 Big Books Summer Reads




This summer I'm joining other readers who plan to read some weighty tomes. The challenge begins at the end of May and continues through to the Labour Day weekend. The only rule is that the book has to be at least 400 pages. You can read as many or as few books as you want.

You can find out more about this challenge at Sue Jackson's blog, Book By Book.

I went through my Goodreads list and found a few that fit this description and so here I am again. At first my list had way too many books. I eliminated those that were not already on my Mustread list for this year. I figure I might as well double up and make gains on a couple of challenges for one book. My list is still too long, but if I can read at least 4 of these books this summer I'll be ahead of the game. I've already finished one, so who knows? I might even read more! 

Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Sophie Quire and the Last Storyguard by Jonathan Auxier
The Boat People by Sharon Bala  
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Echo After Echo by Amy Rose Capetta
Enchantress of Numbers by Jennifer Chiaverini
Give Me Some Truth by Eric Gansworth
Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
Colonize This!: Young Women of Color on Today's Feminism by Daisy Hernandez
The Dollar Kids by Jennifer Richard Jacobson
This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate by Naomi Klein
Zero Repeat Forever (The Nahx Invasions #1) by Gabrielle Prendergast
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel A. van der Kolk
Diamond Boy by Michael Williams


-->

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Big Book Summer Challenge, Cheriee! So glad to have you back for more fun this year. That's a great list of Big Books to choose from! I have a never-ending pile here too :)

    Please add your link to the first Links List on the challenge page so that others can find their way to your post, too. And if you write reviews or updates during the summer, you can return to the page to add a link to the second list. (Note that I've noticed the Links List have been very slow-loading on my browser this summer - if that's happening to you, too, just be patient and give it a few minutes - they'll show up).

    Enjoy your Big Books!

    Sue

    2018 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to make big lists too. I love making lists as much as I love reading books. Good luck getting 4 of these read, that's a doable goal I hope. I have read two so far which is good for me, I'm on a roll so hope I can keep it going!

    ReplyDelete