My 2015 Must Read Books

Thanks to my friend, Carrie Gelson, I've been challenged to read a certain number of books from my Goodreads list. Check out her link at #MustReadin2015 to find out more about this.

I've finally got this year's must read list whittled down to 60 books. I'm calling it quits and hope to get most of them done. Somewhere in the middle of trying to figure out what ones I really want and need to read, I realized that I'm sure I need and want to read them all. I wouldn't put them into Goodreads if this was not true! I often put them on hold at our local library at the same time. Then, out of the blue, I end up with monster piles of books due in a few weeks and feel overwhelmed by what I have to read. This has to end. 


This year I'm going to try to do things differently. I've got a plan!

I've also  created two new lists. Sigh... 
I plan to read one professional book a month (I've already got a few on that list)
I also want to read at least one adultish nonfiction a month.

I'm planning on reading at least 20 books from the fiction list every 4 months. I'll make sure I've got them lined up ready to go. If I've put them on hold, I'll suspend the hold until I can manage them. I'm also going to try to have no more than five books at home to read at a time. (That didn't work last fall, but who knows, miracles can happen right?)
I'm starting with these first 20 books, then I'll see how it goes. 
The crossed off ones I've already finished. 

  1. Shelter Pet Squad #1: Jelly Bean by Lord, Cynthia 5 stars
  2. The Princess in Black by Hale, Shannon  5 stars
  3. Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Stiefvater, Maggie  5 stars
  4. Loot by Jude Watson
  5. Brown Girl Dreaming by Woodson, Jacqueline
  6. How to Outrun a Crocodile When Your Shoes Are Untied by Keating, Jess 
  7. As Simple as It Seems by Weeks, Sarah
  8. Finding Ruby Starling Rivers, Karen
  9. All Alone in the Universe by Perkins, Lynne Rae
  10. Imperfect Spiral by Levy, Debbie 
  11. Boys of Blur by Wilson, N.D. 
  12. A Tangle of Knots by Graff, Lisa
  13. Rain Reign by Martin, Ann M.
  14. Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Auxier, Jonathan 
  15. Dance of the Banished by Skrypuch, Marsha Forchuk 
  16. The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #3) by Nielsen, Jennifer A.
  17. The School of Essential Ingredients by Bauermeister, Erica  
  18. Jinx by Blackwood, Sage
  19. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Gaiman, Neil 
  20. This Journal Belongs to Ratchet by Cavanaugh, Nancy J. 
  21. These Gentle Wounds by Dunbar, Helene 
  22. Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron (Shades of Grey, #1) by Fforde, Jasper
  23. Upside Down in the Middle of Nowhere by Lamana, Julie T.
  24. Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Gier, Kerstin
  25. House of Purple Cedar by Tingle, Tim
  26. Loki's Wolves (The Blackwell Pages, #1) by Armstrong, K.L.
  27. Golden Boy by Tarttelin, Abigail 
  28. Bird by Chan, Crystal 
  29. Circa Now by Turner, Amber McRee
  30. The Encyclopedia of Early Earth by Greenberg, Isabel 
  31. Winger (Winger, #1) by Smith, Andrew
  32. Nest by Ehrlich, Esther 
  33. Amanda in Alberta: The Writing on the Stone by Foster, Darlene 
  34. All the Answers by Messner, Kate 
  35. The Shadow Hero by Yang, Gene Luen 
  36. The Milk of Birds by Whitman, Sylvia 
  37. Crossing Bok Chitto by Tingle, Tim
  38. The Crossover by Alexander, Kwame
  39. Life on Mars by Brown, Jennifer
  40. Wild Child by Plourde, Lynn 
  41. Beholding Bee by Fusco, Kimberly Newton 
  42. Fish In A Tree by Hunt, Lynda Mullaly 
  43. Footer Davis Probably Is Crazy by Vaught, Susan 
  44. A Year in the Life of a Total and Complete Genius by Matson, Stacey
  45. The Witch's Boy by Barnhill, Kelly
  46. Wish Girl by Loftin, Nikki 
  47. On the Jellicoe Road by Marchetta, Melina 
  48. The Naked Mole-Rat Letters by Amato, Mary 
  49. Blankets bye Thompson, Craig
  50. Half a World Away by Kadohata, Cynthia
  51. Codename Zero (The Codename Conspiracy #1) by Rylander, Chris 
  52. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Hodkin, Michelle 
  53. Courage for Beginners by Harrington, Karen 
  54. Dash by Larson, Kirby 
  55. Death by Toilet Paper by Gephart, Donna 
  56. Greenglass House by Milford, Kate 
  57. The Mark of the Dragonfly by Johnson, Jaleigh
  58. The Meaning of Maggie by Sovern, Megan Jean
  59. West of the Moon by Preus, Margi
  60. The True Meaning of Smekday by Rex, Adam

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to read one PD book a month or so as well. That schedule worked well for me last year. I'm also making an effort to have one adult nonfiction title going at all times (since I like to read many books at one time). Right now, I'm reading Bryan Stevenson's Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption, about a kind of real-life Atticus Finch. It's about the brutal and horrifying corruption in our justice system, very disheartening to read but also very important. Next up, I'm going to have to find something HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a challenging read, but I believe it is important. I'm starting with Reading the Wild as my professional book. I received How Not to be Wrong: The Power of Maathematical Thinking by Jordan Ellenberg as a Christmas gift, so I'll make this one my first nonfiction. Good Luck keeping on track.

      Delete